IA1 Iowa River Bridge
Photo taken by David Herman
This bridge was a closed-spandrel arch until the 1986 rehabilitation.
- Three-span arch bridge over Iowa River on North/Eastbound IA 1/Burlington Street in Iowa City
- Iowa City, Johnson County, Iowa
- Open to traffic
- Built 1915; rehabilitated 1986
- Open-spandrel arch (Originally Closed-Spandrel)
Length of largest span: 114.2 ft.
Total length: 342.2 ft.
Deck width: 38.1 ft.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +41.65765, -91.54152 (decimal degrees)
41°39'28" N, 91°32'29" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 15/621434/4612794 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Iowa City West
- Inventory numbers
- IA 31720 (Iowa bridge number)
BH 13769 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- Inspection (as of 06/2011)
- Deck condition rating: Satisfactory (6 out of 9)
Superstructure condition rating: Poor (4 out of 9)
Substructure condition rating: Poor (4 out of 9)
Appraisal: Structurally deficient
Sufficiency rating: 39.7 (out of 100)
- Average daily traffic (as of 2011)
- November 15, 2013: Updated by Luke Harden: Noted that bridge was a closed spandrel arch up until the 1986 rehab.
- October 18, 2013: New Street View added by Luke Harden
- August 7, 2011: Updated by Luke Harden: Corrected name
- June 2, 2006: Posted photo from David Herman