Robert's Ferry Bridge
Part of the Samuel Calvin Geological Photographs Collection
Photo provided by the University of Iowa Library and the University of Iowa. Department of Geoscience. Paleontology Repository. Used as an educational resource.
View this photo at 188.8.131.52
BH Photo #323209
"John E. Jayne & Son are busy putting in the new Robert's Ferry bridge. The iron is being hauled overland in wagons from Iowa City, In about three weeks, the public can pass at this polut without fear of taking a drop into the water." - May 8, 1891 edition of the Iowa City Press-Citizen.
- Lost Pratt through truss bridge over Iowa River on Robert's Ferry Road
- Curtis, Johnson County, Iowa
- Replaced on a new alignment
- Built 1891
- - J.E. Jayne & Son Bridge Co. of Iowa City, Iowa
- Pratt through truss
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +41.80996, -91.64529 (decimal degrees)
41°48'36" N, 91°38'43" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 15/612528/4629564 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Inventory number
- BH 66766 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- April 20, 2015: Updated by Luke: Added category "J.E. Jayne & Son Bridge Co."
- April 19, 2015: Updated by Luke: GPS adjustment