CRandIC - Ralston Creek Bridge (Nagle Lumber Spur)
Bridge is located on an industrial spur that serves Nagle Lumber Company. Rails are currently in the process of being removed for repurposing as a bike trail.
Bridge has since been removed as of last update. Unsure if a replacement pedestrian bridge will be constructed in the vicinity.
- Steel stringer bridge over Ralston Creek on CIC Railroad
- Iowa City, Johnson County, Iowa
- Completely Removed.
- Future prospects
- Completely removed. A pedestrian bridge may be constructed nearby.
- - Cedar Rapids & Iowa City Railway (CRandIC; CIC)
- Steel stringer with a wooden deck.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +41.64830, -91.53359 (decimal degrees)
41°38'54" N, 91°32'01" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 15/622112/4611766 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Iowa City West
- Inventory number
- BH 51061 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- August 20, 2017: Updated by Andrew Ploessl: Bridge has been removed.
- July 15, 2017: Updated by Andrew Ploessl: Added to description.
- October 5, 2015: Updated by Luke: Updated status per forum comment & merged image.
- February 26, 2013: Updated by Luke Harden: Removed needless category
- February 25, 2013: Updated by Owen McCormick: Updated status. Bridge is in use, not abandoned as thought.
- August 10, 2012: Photo imported by Luke Harden
- January 25, 2012: Updated by Luke Harden: Added category "Ralston Creek"
- January 24, 2012: Updated by Luke Harden: Added categories "Cedar Rapids and Iowa City Railway", "Skewed"