M&StL - Skunk River Bridge
© Iowa Department of Transportation
BH Photo #345467
Build date provided by ICC Valuation Summary Report, courtesy Doug Harding collection.
- Lost Deck plate girder bridge over Skunk River on Minneapolis & St. Louis Railway
- Coppock, Jefferson County, Iowa
- Built 1916; Abandoned 1974 & sold to private owners; Order removed 1990
- - Chicago & North Western Railway (CNW)
- Minneapolis & St. Louis Railway (M&StL; MSTL)
- Deck plate girder
Length of largest span: 65.0 ft.
- Also called
- M&STL Bridge #781
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +41.16153, -91.71768 (decimal degrees)
41°09'42" N, 91°43'04" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 15/607582/4557481 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Inventory number
- BH 54801 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- May 17, 2019: Updated by Luke: Added loss date
- May 17, 2019: Updated by John Marvig: added build date from ICC records
- December 9, 2016: Updated by Dylan VanAntwerp: Added category "Skunk River"
- January 12, 2016: New photo from Luke
- March 26, 2013: Updated by Dylan VanAntwerp: Added category "Owned by railroad"
- December 4, 2012: Updated by John Marvig: Added information
- December 4, 2012: Added by Luke Harden