IAIS - South Skunk River Bridge
IAIS Skunk River Bridge
Photo taken by John Marvig in June 2013
BH Photo #258386
Truss was built at an unknown location and moved here in the 1940s to replace a lattice truss.
- Warren Through Truss Bridge over South Skunk River on Iowa Interstate Railroad
- Jasper County, Iowa
- Open to traffic
- Built Ca. 1900, Moved Here Ca. 1945
- - American Bridge Co. of New York
- - Chicago, Rock Island & Pacific Railroad (RI; CRIP; ROCK)
- Iowa Interstate Railroad (IAIS)
- Warren through truss with I-Beam approaches (from other assorted bridges) on either side
Length of largest span: 150.0 ft.
Total length: 395.0 ft.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +41.66978, -93.15577 (decimal degrees)
41°40'11" N, 93°09'21" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 15/487033/4613124 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Inventory number
- BH 51077 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- May 20, 2017: New photos from John Marvig
- April 24, 2017: Updated by John Marvig: Doomed
- July 3, 2013: New photos from John Marvig
- November 12, 2012: Updated by John Marvig: Added information
- May 12, 2012: Updated by Luke Harden: Added link to image
- January 28, 2012: Updated by Luke Harden: Added category "Skunk River"
- January 24, 2012: Updated by Luke Harden: Added category "Iowa Interstate Railroad"