State Line Snowmobile Trail Bridge
Portal and signage
Welcome to Iowa!
Photo taken by Don Morrison in July 2017
License: Creative Commons Attribution-Share-Alike (CC BY-SA)
BH Photo #396903
This bridge sits off a curve at the end of Main street in Florenceville, Iowa.
The bridge is posted No Trespassing and Tree Farm, so it may have been built for vehicle access to the tree farm. It also has signage for a snowmobile trail, but seems wide enough for cars/pickups as well.
The substructure is vertical I-beam bents.
• Also in 1994, the State Line Trail Bridge, 180 feet long and nine-and-one-half feet wide was built. It was located on the Cresco to Florenceville/Granger trail. Funds were also coming from the federal Department of Transportation under the National Recreation Trust Fund.
The bridge connects a major trail change on the Florenceville to Lime Springs trail and the extensive trail systems of southeast Minnesota.
- Steel stringer bridge over Upper Iowa River on State Line Snowmobile Trail
- Howard County, Iowa
- Open to authorized vehicles only
- - Howard County Driftrunners snowmobile club.
- Steel stringer
Total length: 180.0 ft.
Deck width: 9.5 ft.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +43.49994, -92.13964 (decimal degrees)
43°29'60" N, 92°08'23" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 15/569555/4816694 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Cresco NW
- Inventory number
- BH 77893 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- January 23, 2021: Updated by Don Morrison: added build date and length and width
- July 14, 2017: Added by Don Morrison