State Line Snowmobile Trail Bridge
Portal and signage
Welcome to Iowa!
Photo taken by Don Morrison in July 2017
License: Creative Commons Attribution-Share-Alike (CC BY-SA)
BH Photo #396903
This bridge sits off a curve at the end of Main street in Florenceville, Iowa.
The bridge is posted No Trespassing and Tree Farm, so it may have been built for vehicle access to the tree farm. It also has signage for a snowmobile trail, but seems wide enough for cars/pickups as well.
The substructure is vertical I-beam bents.
Construction date unknown.
- Steel stringer bridge over Upper Iowa River on State Line Snowmobile Trail
- Howard County, Iowa
- Open to authorized vehicles only
- Steel stringer
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +43.49994, -92.13964 (decimal degrees)
43°29'60" N, 92°08'23" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 15/569555/4816694 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Cresco NW
- Inventory number
- BH 77893 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- July 14, 2017: Added by Don Morrison