25th street Upper Iowa River Bridge
That road has a sign indicating that it is impassable during high water.
Photo taken by Don Morrison in September 2012
License: Released into public domain
BH Photo #239792
The existing steel stringer bridge is almost certainly not the 1880 bridge or a 1980 rehab of it.
I used the NBI data because I don't yet have information on what the original 1880 bridge was. It was probably an iron truss bridge.
- Steel stringer bridge over Upper Iowa River on Local 25th Street
- Howard County, Iowa
- Open to traffic
- Built 1880; rehabilitated 1980
- Steel stringer
Length of largest span: 33.1 ft.
Total length: 113.9 ft.
Deck width: 18.0 ft.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +43.47969, -92.33546 (decimal degrees)
43°28'47" N, 92°20'08" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 15/553741/4814300 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Lime Springs
- Average daily traffic (as of 2013)
- Inventory numbers
- IA 183840 (Iowa bridge number)
BH 53596 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- Inspection report (as of April 2016)
- Overall condition: Poor
Superstructure condition rating: Poor (4 out of 9)
Substructure condition rating: Poor (4 out of 9)
Deck condition rating: Poor (4 out of 9)
Sufficiency rating: 40.4 (out of 100)
View more at BridgeReports.com
- September 22, 2012: Updated by Don Morrison: Added category "Upper Iowa River"