Brushy Creek Bridge
Showing the newer deck.
Photo taken by Kevin Skow
BH Photo #295208
Wooden deck looks to have been replaced recently with corrugated metal.
- Pony truss bridge over Brushy Creek on Juniper Avenue
- Guthrie County, Iowa
- Closed to thru traffic; privately owned
- Built ca. 1910
- Pin-connected, 4-panel Pratt pony truss
Length of largest span: 60.0 ft.
Total length: 118.1 ft.
Deck width: 15.4 ft.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +41.76297, -94.57034 (decimal degrees)
41°45'47" N, 94°34'13" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 15/369465/4624651 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Land survey
- T. 80 N., R. 32 W., Sec. 3
- Inventory numbers
- IA 169081 (Iowa bridge number)
BH 13546 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- Inspection (as of 01/2008)
- Deck condition rating: Very Good (8 out of 9)
Superstructure condition rating: Poor (4 out of 9)
Substructure condition rating: Serious (3 out of 9)
Appraisal: Structurally deficient
Sufficiency rating: 25.0 (out of 100)
- Average daily traffic (as of 2000)
- September 23, 2014: Updated by Kevin Skow: Updated bridge owner