UP - West Beaver Creek Bridge
Photo taken by Jimmy Emerson
License: Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs (CC BY-NC-ND)
View this photo on Flickr
BH Photo #238783
Build date provided by C&NW bridge records at the Chicago & North Western Railway Historical Society archives
- Lost Pony/through plate girder bridge over West Beaver Creek on Union Pacific Railroad
- Greene County, Iowa
- Replaced by a new bridge
- Built 1901, Replaced 2017
- - King Bridge Co. of Cleveland, Ohio
- - Chicago & North Western Railway (CNW)
- Union Pacific Railroad (UP)
- 80' Pony plate girder
Span length: 80.0 ft.
Total length: 80.0 ft.
- Also called
- C&NW Bridge #719
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +42.03343, -94.21088 (decimal degrees)
42°02'00" N, 94°12'39" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 15/399769/4654196 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Grand Junction
- Inventory number
- BH 53475 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- May 19, 2017: Updated by John Marvig: Bridge has Been Replaced
- June 2, 2013: Updated by Luke Harden: Removed category "Destroyed by derailment" as the bridge was (surprisingly) not destroyed by wreck.
- May 9, 2013: Updated by Luke Harden: Added category "Destroyed by derailment"
- May 9, 2013: Updated by John Marvig: Bridge was destroyed by derailment
- March 27, 2013: New photos from John Marvig
- March 26, 2013: Updated by John Marvig: Added information
- September 8, 2012: Updated by Luke Harden: Added categories "Railroad", "Union Pacific Railroad"