RRVT - Raccoon River Bridge (Near Jefferson)
Jefferson Trail Bridge
Photo taken by John Marvig in March 2013
BH Photo #251317
All spans likely built elsewhere and moved here.
- Pratt through truss bridge over Raccoon River on Raccoon River Valley Trail
- Greene County, Iowa
- Open to pedestrians
- Built Ca. 1894, Approach Spans added 1902 and 1914
- - Chicago Bridge & Iron Co. of Chicago, Illinois (Approach Span)
- Lassig Bridge & Iron Works of Chicago, Illinois (Main Span)
- Wisconsin Bridge & Iron Co. of Milwaukee, Wisconsin (Approach Span)
- - Chicago, Milwaukee, St. Paul & Pacific Railroad (MILW)
- Pratt through truss with 2 Deck Plate Girder Approaches and Trestle
Length of largest span: 113.0 ft.
Total length: 580.0 ft.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +41.98445, -94.35472 (decimal degrees)
41°59'04" N, 94°21'17" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 15/387776/4648937 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Inventory number
- BH 52431 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- October 29, 2018: New Street View added by Luke
- May 19, 2017: New photos from John Marvig
- March 26, 2013: Updated by John Marvig: Added information
- August 9, 2012: Updated by Luke Harden: Added category "Railroad"
- May 11, 2012: Added by Luke Harden
- Image - During a special event in which they allowed a light tractor to cross the bridge with a trailer of people
- John Marvig - marvigj27 [at] gmail [dot] com