UP - Heartgrave Creek Bridge
Photo taken by Daniel Barnes in September 2017
BH Photo #402785
Deck girder likely dates to Rock Island days (pre-1980) while the I-Beams and substructures were likely added after the 1983 takeover of the line.
- Deck plate girder bridge over Heartgrave Creek on Union Pacific Railroad
- Franklin County, Iowa
- Open to traffic
- - Chicago & North Western Railway (CNW)
- Chicago, Rock Island & Pacific Railroad (RI; CRIP; ROCK)
- Union Pacific Railroad (UP)
- Deck plate girder
Length of largest span: 50.0 ft.
Total length: 126.0 ft.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +42.76859, -93.23185 (decimal degrees)
42°46'07" N, 93°13'55" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 15/481031/4735143 (zone/easting/northing)
- Inventory number
- BH 78339 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- September 14, 2017: New photos from Daniel Barnes
- September 4, 2017: Added by Daniel Barnes