Old T-38 bridge over Rock Creek
I was told about this old bridge that was apparently abandoned when the road T-38 south of Osage was straightened. County line road is south of this area to the west, but north of this area to the east, so it looks to be wholly in Floyd County, but maybe not.
1930s imagery shows the original route across this bridge, 1950s imagery shows the straight road crossing just to the west.
- Bridge over Rock Creek on former route of T-38 (now Lancer Ave)
- Floyd County, Iowa
- haven't had a chance to check this one out yet - don't know what remains.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +43.21086, -92.80948 (decimal degrees)
43°12'39" N, 92°48'34" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 15/515475/4784249 (zone/easting/northing)
- Inventory number
- BH 84448 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- February 10, 2019: Added by Don Morrison