Dry Run Creek Bridge
Overview Looking North
This is the only guardrail for this bridge.
Photo taken by J.R. Manning
There is only one parapet wall on this bridge, on the northeast side. The creek it spans continues in a southwesterly direction and continues beneath buildings and tracks that used to be part of the Chicago Great Western Railroad. The southwestern side of the bridge is a building that used to be the operations center for the CGW Railroad yard and today houses the Hub City Railway Museum.
- Culvert bridge over Dry Run Creek on 2nd Ave Sw
- Oelwein, Fayette County, Iowa
- Open to traffic
Length of largest span: 11.2 ft.
Total length: 24.0 ft.
Eligible for the National Register of Historic Places
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +42.67722, -91.91639 (decimal degrees)
42°40'38" N, 91°54'59" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 15/588784/4725541 (zone/easting/northing)
- USGS topographic map
- Inventory numbers
- IA 8975 (Iowa bridge number)
BH 52661 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- Inspection (as of 01/2012)
- Sufficiency rating: 66.6 (out of 100)
- Average daily traffic (as of 2005)
- June 13, 2012: Added by J.R. Manning