R Avenue (Rustic Road) Bridge
Barrel Shot Looking North
Photo taken by J.R. Manning
BH Photo #233167
This bridge is located near Oelwein and close to the historic Otter Creek
(40th Street) bridge and the Otter Creek
(45th Street) pony truss bridge.
- Slab bridge over Unamed Creek on R Avenue
- Oelwein, Fayette County, Iowa
- Open to traffic
- Built 1917
- - Iowa State Highway Commission of Ames, Iowa
- Slab with parapet walls that appear to have balusters cast in place.
Length of largest span: 25.9 ft.
Total length: 53.2 ft.
Deck width: 18.0 ft.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +42.68972, -91.94306 (decimal degrees)
42°41'23" N, 91°56'35" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 15/586582/4726901 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Average daily traffic (as of 2017)
- Inventory numbers
- IA 149660 (Iowa bridge number)
BH 52648 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- Inspection report (as of October 2017)
- Overall condition: Poor
Superstructure condition rating: Poor (4 out of 9)
Substructure condition rating: Fair (5 out of 9)
Deck condition rating: Poor (4 out of 9)
Sufficiency rating: 29 (out of 100)
View more at BridgeReports.com
- June 10, 2012: Added by J.R. Manning
- J.R. Manning - thekitchenguy [at] sbcglobal [dot] net