R Avenue (Rustic Road) Bridge
Barrel Shot Looking North
Photo taken by J.R. Manning
This bridge is located near Oelwein and close to the historic Otter Creek
(40th Street) bridge and the Otter Creek
(45th Street) pony truss bridge.
- Slab bridge over Unamed Creek on R Avenue
- Oelwein, Fayette County, Iowa
- Open to traffic
- Built 1917
- Slab with parapet walls that appear to have balusters cast in place.
Length of largest span: 25.9 ft.
Total length: 53.2 ft.
Deck width: 18.0 ft.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +42.68972, -91.94306 (decimal degrees)
42°41'23" N, 91°56'35" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 15/586582/4726901 (zone/easting/northing)
- USGS topographic map
- Inventory numbers
- IA 149660 (Iowa bridge number)
BH 52648 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- Inspection (as of 09/2009)
- Deck condition rating: Poor (4 out of 9)
Superstructure condition rating: Serious (3 out of 9)
Substructure condition rating: Fair (5 out of 9)
Appraisal: Structurally deficient
Sufficiency rating: 36.4 (out of 100)
- Average daily traffic (as of 2009)
- June 10, 2012: Added by J.R. Manning