Fox Road Bridge
Photo taken by Jason Smith
BH Photo #212023
Likely built as a bridge in Byron, Illinois over the Rock River in 1882. Relocated here in approximately 1905.
- Through truss bridge over Volga River on a local road
- Fayette County, Iowa
- Open to traffic
- Built 1882, Relocated Here Ca. 1905
- - Carnegie Steel Co. of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania (Iron/Steel Manufacturer)
- Edge Moor Bridge Works of Wilmington, Delaware
- - Chicago, Milwaukee, St. Paul & Pacific Railroad (MILW; CMStP&P; CMStP)
- Riveted and pin-connected Pratt through truss bridge with lattice portal bracing and a 45° skew at each entrance
Span length: 158.0 ft.
Total length: 158.0 ft.
Deck width: 14.8 ft.
Vertical clearance above deck: 15.9 ft.
- Also called
- MILW - Volga River Bridge
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +42.83770, -91.71225 (decimal degrees)
42°50'16" N, 91°42'44" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 15/605239/4743596 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Land survey
- T. 93 N., R. 7 W., Sec. 30
- Average daily traffic (as of 2017)
- Inventory numbers
- IA 151070 (Iowa bridge number)
BH 13493 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- Inspection report (as of October 2017)
- Overall condition: Fair
Superstructure condition rating: Fair (5 out of 9)
Substructure condition rating: Fair (5 out of 9)
Deck condition rating: Fair (5 out of 9)
Sufficiency rating: 20.9 (out of 100)
View more at BridgeReports.com
- April 12, 2017: Updated by John Marvig: Added Relocation Information
- October 1, 2016: Updated by John Marvig: Added information
- August 24, 2016: Updated by Christopher Finigan: Added category "Pin-connected"
- May 30, 2013: Updated by Luke Harden: Added category "Rail-to-road"
- January 19, 2013: Updated by Tony Dillon: Added category "Repurposed"
- January 19, 2013: Updated by John Marvig: Added category "railroad"
- September 2, 2011: Updated by Jason Smith: Added information on the bridge
- Jason Smith - flensburg [dot] bridgehunter [dot] av [at] googlemail [dot] com
- John Marvig - marvigj27 [at] gmail [dot] com