Abandoned CNW Des Moines River Bridge
Overview of river span
Photo taken Summer 1998 by Jason Smith
- Deck truss bridge over East Fork Des Moines River on the Chicago & Northwestern Railroad just west of Armstrong in Armstrong
- Armstrong, Emmet County, Iowa
- Truss span with trestle approaches built unknown. Approaches rebuilt 1992 using assorted I-Beams and Steel Girders from other bridges
- 9-panel Howe deck truss
Length of largest span: 90.0 ft.
Total length: 273.0 ft.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +43.39665, -94.51484 (decimal degrees)
43°23'48" N, 94°30'53" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 15/377324/4805978 (zone/easting/northing)
- USGS topographic map
- Inventory number
- BH 13447 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- March 8, 2013: Updated by Luke Harden: Added category "Des Moines River"
- March 8, 2013: Updated by John Marvig: Added catagory "Union Pacific Railroad" -bridge is owned by Union Pacific
- March 8, 2013: Updated by Dylan VanAntwerp: Removed category "Union Pacific Railroad"
- March 6, 2013: New photo from John Marvig
- June 8, 2012: New photos from John Marvig
- April 22, 2012: Updated by Luke Harden: Added category "Chicago, Rock Island & Pacific Railroad"
- September 12, 2011: New photos from Jason Smith
- July 31, 2010: New Street View added by Jason Smith
- January 5, 2010: Updated by Nathan Holth: Updated status as extant.
- September 15, 2005: Posted photos and info from Jason Smith
Armstrong Railroad Bridge