Little Maquoketa River Bridge
Looking at the satellite photo, considering new pavement and a new road alignment to the south of the original alignment, I would conclude that this bridge has been replaced by a UCEB. Examination of the NBI indicates it was probably replaced in 2006, one of about a dozen bridges replaced by Dubuque County that year.
- Pony truss bridge over Little Maquoketa River on Girl Scout Road
- Dubuque County, Iowa
- Replaced by a UCEB
- Built 1937; Replaced 2006
- Pony truss
Length of largest span: 69.9 ft.
Total length: 73.2 ft.
Deck width: 17.7 ft.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +42.48412, -90.87660 (decimal degrees)
42°29'03" N, 90°52'36" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 15/674519/4705714 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Land survey
- T. 89 N., R. 1 E.
- Inventory numbers
- IA 147160 (Iowa bridge number)
BH 13426 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- March 24, 2010: Updated by J.R. Manning: Updated Road Name and Status
- J.R. Manning - thekitchenguy [at] sbcglobal [dot] net