Little Maquoketa River Bridge
Looking at the satellite photo, considering lost pavement and no trace of an extant bridge, I would conclude that this bridge has been scrapped and not replaced. Examination of the NBI indicates it was probably removed ca. 2006 when about a dozen bridges were removed and/or replaced by Dubuque County that year.
- Through truss bridge over Little Maquoketa River on Landy Road
- Dubuque County, Iowa
- Removed but not replaced
- Built ca. 1910; Removed but not replaced ca. 2006
- Through truss
Length of largest span: 90.0 ft.
Total length: 91.0 ft.
Deck width: 15.7 ft.
Vertical clearance above deck: 14.3 ft.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +42.50232, -90.86467 (decimal degrees)
42°30'08" N, 90°51'53" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 15/675448/4707759 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Land survey
- T. 89 N., R. 1 E.
- Inventory numbers
- IA 147110 (Iowa bridge number)
BH 13425 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- March 24, 2010: Updated by J.R. Manning: Updated Road Name and Status
- J.R. Manning - thekitchenguy [at] sbcglobal [dot] net