Yellow Spring Creek Bridge
Photo taken by Steve Conro in October 2015
BH Photo #339368
I am not sure at all if this is the correct location but the clues lead me to believe it is. The ford is new and about the correct size. The road upstream I believe is the old road and location. All of this is just a guess.
- Half-hip Pratt pony truss bridge over Yellow Spring Creek on Sperry Road
- Des Moines County, Iowa
- Replaced by a new bridge
- Built 1895; Replaced 2003
- - J.H. Sparks of St. Joseph, Missouri
- Half-hip Pratt pony truss
Length of largest span: 89.9 ft.
Total length: 91.9 ft.
Deck width: 13.8 ft.
Posted to the National Register of Historic Places
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +40.96433, -91.11734 (decimal degrees)
40°57'52" N, 91°07'02" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 15/658423/4536503 (zone/easting/northing)
- Inventory numbers
- IA 143510 (Iowa bridge number)
NRHP 98000791 (National Register of Historic Places reference number)
BH 52426 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- Inspection (as of 02/1992)
- Appraisal: Structurally deficient
Sufficiency rating: 17.9 (out of 100)
- Average daily traffic (as of 1989)
- September 4, 2017: Updated by Luke: Added builder
- October 13, 2015: New Street View added by Eric Martin
- October 13, 2015: New photos from Steve Conro
- May 10, 2012: Added by Luke Harden
- Steve Conro - sconro [at] yahoo [dot] com
- Eric Martin