Ash Street Overpass
© Iowa Department of Transportation
BH Photo #270766
The Ash Street Overpass is a stone masonry arch over the CB&Q railroad in the town of Burlington, built in 1892.
- Stone Arch bridge over Des Moines Avenue on Ash Street in Burlington
- Burlington, Des Moines County, Iowa
- Open to traffic
- Built 1882
- - Chicago, Burlington & Quincy Railroad (CBQ)
- Deck arch
Length of largest span: 24.0 ft.
Total length: 26.9 ft.
Deck width: 32.2 ft.
Eligible for the National Register of Historic Places
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +40.82441, -91.10683 (decimal degrees)
40°49'28" N, 91°06'25" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 15/659644/4520990 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Inventory numbers
- IA 871 (Iowa bridge number)
BH 13387 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- Inspection (as of 10/2014)
- Deck condition rating: Satisfactory (6 out of 9)
Superstructure condition rating: Fair (5 out of 9)
Substructure condition rating: Fair (5 out of 9)
Appraisal: Functionally obsolete
Sufficiency rating: 80.7 (out of 100)
- Average daily traffic (as of 1975)
- December 21, 2013: New Street View added by Luke Harden
- November 20, 2013: Updated by Luke Harden: Removed categories "Railroad", "Rail-to-road"
- August 15, 2012: Updated by Luke Harden: Added categories "Railroad", "Chicago, Burlington & Quincy Railroad", "Rail-to-road"