RI - Fox River Bridge
Looking down the old ROW towards the west. The east bridge abutment can barely be seen. The old bridge site is heavily overgrown.
Photo taken by Dylan VanAntwerp in February 2013
BH Photo #248158
All lengths are approximate
- Lost DPG bridge over Center Branch Fox River on former Rock Island Railroad
- Davis County, Iowa
- Bridge removed, piers and abutments remaining
- Built 1945, abandoned and removed 1983
- - Chicago, Rock Island & Pacific Railroad (CRIP (1866-1920); RI (1920-1975) ROCK (1975-1980))
- 1 - 50' Deck plate girder
2 - 40' Deck plate girder
Length of largest span: 50.0 ft.
Total length: 130.0 ft.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +40.76924, -92.63012 (decimal degrees)
40°46'09" N, 92°37'48" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 15/531216/4513206 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Inventory number
- BH 55348 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- February 7, 2013: New photos from Dylan VanAntwerp
- January 27, 2013: Updated by Dylan VanAntwerp: Added categories "Chicago, Rock Island & Pacific Railroad", "Railroad"