RI - North Fox Creek Bridge
Looking south on Beechwood Ave. towards the old bridge site.
Photo taken by Dylan VanAntwerp in February 2013
BH Photo #248179
Total length is approximate
- Lost DPG bridge over North Fox Creek on former Rock Island Railroad
- Davis County, Iowa
- Bridge removed, piers and abutments remaining
- Built 1945, abandoned and removed 1983
- - Chicago, Rock Island & Pacific Railroad (CRIP (1866-1920); RI (1920-1975) ROCK (1975-1980))
- 1 - 70' Deck plate girder
2 - 50' Deck plate girder
Length of largest span: 70.0 ft.
Total length: 170.0 ft.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +40.77937, -92.60679 (decimal degrees)
40°46'46" N, 92°36'24" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 15/533179/4514339 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Inventory number
- BH 55347 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- February 9, 2013: Updated by Luke Harden: Added type
- January 27, 2013: Updated by Dylan VanAntwerp: Added category "Chicago, Rock Island & Pacific Railroad"