RRVT - Mosquito Creek Bridge
Span was built at an unknown location and moved here in 1944.
Information comes from the Milwaukee Road Archives at the Milwaukee Central Library.
- Deck plate girder bridge over Mosquito Creek on Raccoon River Valley Trail
- Dallas County, Iowa
- Open to pedestrians only
- Built 1944 using a secondhand span
- - Chicago, Milwaukee, St. Paul & Pacific Railroad (MILW)
- Deck plate girder
Length of largest span: 70.0 ft.
Total length: 132.0 ft.
- Also called
- MILW Bridge #Y-82
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +41.60820, -94.21027 (decimal degrees)
41°36'30" N, 94°12'37" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 15/399154/4606983 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Inventory number
- BH 53597 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- May 8, 2022: Updated by John Marvig: Added build date
- October 29, 2018: New Street View added by Luke
- September 22, 2012: Updated by Don Morrison: Changed another incidence of "Stream" to "Mosquito Creek"
- September 22, 2012: Added by Luke Harden
- Don Morrison
- John Marvig - marvigj27 [at] gmail [dot] com