East Soldier River Bridge
© Iowa Department of Transportation
BH Photo #270810
Replacement Contract: Project BROS-C024(110)--8J-24 120th St.: From South of Hwy. #141 to South of Hwy. #141 Bridge Replacement-PPCB
- Bowstring pony truss bridge over East Soldier River on 120th Street
- Crawford County, Iowa
- Replacement constructed in the spring of 2016. Bridge possibly saved.
- Future prospects
- Slated for replacement, anticipated let date October 2015. Bridge may be relocated to Nelson Park, Dow City.
- Built 1945
- - Des Moines Steel Co. of Des Moines, Iowa
- H. Gene McKeown of Council Bluffs (engineer)
- Riveted Bowstring pony truss
Length of largest span: 77.1 ft.
Total length: 134.2 ft.
Deck width: 17.7 ft.
Posted to the National Register of Historic Places on June 25, 1998
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +42.05762, -95.63401 (decimal degrees)
42°03'27" N, 95°38'02" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 15/282046/4659530 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Land survey
- T. 84 N., R. 41 W., Sec. 28
- Average daily traffic (as of 2012)
- Inventory numbers
- NRHP 98000798 (National Register of Historic Places reference number)
IA 129750 (Iowa bridge number)
BH 13243 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- Inspection report (as of June 2016)
- Sufficiency rating: 25.7 (out of 100)
View more at BridgeReports.com
- June 22, 2015: Updated by Nathan Holth: Update status... bridge may be relocated when its replaced.
- June 9, 2015: Updated by Nathan Holth: This bridge is now doomed.
- September 23, 2014: New photos from Kevin Skow
- November 22, 2013: New photo from Luke Harden