The west approach
This is the second of three generations of the Lincoln Highway that carried the highway between Calamus and Wheatland across this wetland area of the Wapsipinicon River. The original 1913 alignment is to the right, off in the woods. Original concrete paving is extant in the woods and bridge abutments can still be seen to the east of this bridge. Just a few yards to the south, modern US 30 replaced this highway, now a county road.
Photo taken by J.R. Manning in July 2004
BH Photo #112618