Millville Road Bridge
Overview Looking Northwest
Photo taken by J.R. Manning June 2012
This bridge might just be, perhaps, the only surviving example of a bridge built by the Dubuque Boat & Boiler Works.
- Pony truss bridge over Peck Creek on Millville Road
- Clayton County, Iowa
- Open to traffic
- Built 1916
- - Dubuque Boat & Boiler Works of Dubuque, Iowa
- Warren pony truss with all verticals
Span length: 60.0 ft.
Total length: 60.0 ft.
Deck width: 14.8 ft.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +42.69540, -91.16707 (decimal degrees)
42°41'43" N, 91°10'01" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 15/650137/4728618 (zone/easting/northing)
- Land survey
- T. 91 N., R. 3 W., Sec. 14
- USGS topographic map
- Inventory numbers
- IA 118270 (Iowa bridge number)
BH 13195 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- Inspection (as of 11/2010)
- Deck condition rating: Fair (5 out of 9)
Superstructure condition rating: Satisfactory (6 out of 9)
Substructure condition rating: Satisfactory (6 out of 9)
Sufficiency rating: 56.8 (out of 100)
- Average daily traffic (as of 2005)
- June 10, 2012: New photos from J.R. Manning