Photo taken by Quinn Phelan in March 2010
BH Photo #156768
Built across the Wapsipinicon River at Otterville in Buchanan County in 1876. It was air lifted into Fredericksburg in December 1998 by a Chinook Helicopter by the Iowa Army National Guard as an operational training mission.
- Pratt through truss bridge over East Wapsipinicon River on Robert Mattke Park Trail
- Fredericksburg, Chickasaw County, Iowa
- Open to pedestrians
- Built 1876 in Otterville, IA. Moved to Fredericksburg, IA in 1998.
- - Wrought Iron Bridge Co. of Canton, Ohio
- Cast- and wrought-iron, 6-panel, pin-connected, Pratt through truss
Span length: 96.0 ft.
Total length: 96.0 ft.
Deck width: 16.0 ft.
Vertical clearance above deck: 13.0 ft.
Posted to the National Register of Historic Places
- Also called
- Otterville Bridge
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +42.96452, -92.21015 (decimal degrees)
42°57'52" N, 92°12'37" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 15/564416/4757177 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Inventory number
- BH 44299 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- October 30, 2013: New Street View added by Luke Harden
- October 30, 2013: New Street View added by J.P.
- March 30, 2013: Updated by Tony Dillon: Added builder
- May 3, 2010: Updated by J.R. Manning: Added GPS Coordinates per To-Do List
- March 2, 2010: Added by Quinn Phelan
- Quinn Phelan - qphelan [at] earthlink [dot] net
- J.R. Manning - thekitchenguy [at] sbcglobal [dot] net
- Tony Dillon - spansaver [at] hotmail [dot] com
- J.P. - wildcatjon2000 [at] gmail [dot] com