305th Street Overpass
Photo taken by Daniel Barnes in July 2017
BH Photo #397645
Built using a secondhand railroad girder from Bridge #Z-1040 (Clear Creek, near Rhodes, Iowa) originally fabricated 1898.
Information comes from the Milwaukee Road Archives at the Milwaukee Central Library.
- Pony plate girder bridge over BNSF Railway on 305th Street
- Carroll County, Iowa
- Open to traffic
- Built 1913 using secondhand railroad girders
- - BNSF Railway (BNSF)
- Chicago, Milwaukee, St. Paul & Pacific Railroad (MILW)
- Pony plate girder
Length of largest span: 63.0 ft.
Total length: 164.1 ft.
Deck width: 19.7 ft.
- Also called
- MILW Bridge #Z-1282 1/2
MILW Bridge #Z-1282.5
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +41.91333, -94.81111 (decimal degrees)
41°54'48" N, 94°48'40" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 15/349802/4641739 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Average daily traffic (as of 2008)
- Inventory numbers
- IA 93340 (Iowa bridge number)
BH 52806 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- Inspection report (as of June 2009)
- Overall condition: Poor
Superstructure condition rating: Poor (4 out of 9)
Substructure condition rating: Poor (4 out of 9)
Deck condition rating: Serious (3 out of 9)
Sufficiency rating: 45.3 (out of 100)
View more at BridgeReports.com
- May 8, 2022: Updated by John Marvig: added relocation information
- October 27, 2018: New photos from John Marvig
- July 20, 2017: New photos from Daniel Barnes
- July 3, 2012: Added by Luke Harden
- Daniel Barnes
- John Marvig - marvigj27 [at] gmail [dot] com