Dry Creek Bridge
Lost, washed away by flooding in May of 2013.
Photo taken by Buchanan County
BH Photo #255121
Adam Amdor of KWWL news reports that the Humpback Bridge was washed away by flooding.
- Pratt half-hip pony truss bridge over Dry Creek on 300th Street
- Buchanan County, Iowa
- Destroyed by flooding
- Built 1901, washed away by flooding in May, 2013
- - New Columbus Bridge Co. of Columbus, Ohio
- Half-hip Pratt pony truss
Length of largest span: 47.9 ft.
Total length: 48.9 ft.
Deck width: 15.7 ft.
- Also called
- Dry Creek Bridge
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +42.35461, -91.65069 (decimal degrees)
42°21'17" N, 91°39'03" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 15/611124/4690031 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Troy Mills
- Land survey
- T. 87 N., R. 7 W., Sec. 15
- Inventory numbers
- IA 80830 (Iowa bridge number)
BH 12934 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- Inspection (as of 02/2012)
- Deck condition rating: Serious (3 out of 9)
Superstructure condition rating: Serious (3 out of 9)
Substructure condition rating: Serious (3 out of 9)
Appraisal: Structurally deficient
Sufficiency rating: 21.1 (out of 100)
- Average daily traffic (as of 2005)
- January 10, 2014: New photo from Jack Schmidt
- June 5, 2013: Updated by Luke Harden: Corrected builder to the prexisting category. "deleted" the new category.
- June 5, 2013: Updated by Jason Smith: Added category "5-panel truss"
- May 31, 2013: Updated by J.R. Manning: Changed status to lost after finding out the bridge was washed away by flooding
- April 12, 2010: Updated by J.R. Manning: Updated Road Name
- J.R. Manning - thekitchenguy [at] sbcglobal [dot] net
- Jason Smith - flensburg [dot] bridgehunter [dot] av [at] googlemail [dot] com
- Jack Schmidt - jjturtle [at] earthlink [dot] net