L Avenue Bridge
From the northeast.
Photo taken by J.R. Manning
BH Photo #109481
Bridge is likely a relocated Chicago & North Western Railway pony truss, converted for road use. Details underneath this seem to indicate this.
- Pony truss bridge over Union Pacific Railroad on L Avenue
- Boone County, Iowa
- Open to traffic
- Built 1900
- - Chicago & North Western Railway (CNW)
- Union Pacific Railroad (UP)
- Riveted double-intersection Warren pony truss
Length of largest span: 46.9 ft.
Total length: 129.9 ft.
Deck width: 17.7 ft.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +42.06127, -93.95077 (decimal degrees)
42°03'41" N, 93°57'03" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 15/421334/4657016 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Boone West
- Land survey
- T. 84 N., R. 27 W., Sec. 26
- Inventory numbers
- IA 77840 (Iowa bridge number)
BH 12907 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- Inspection (as of 05/2010)
- Deck condition rating: Poor (4 out of 9)
Superstructure condition rating: Serious (3 out of 9)
Substructure condition rating: Serious (3 out of 9)
Appraisal: Structurally deficient
Sufficiency rating: 25.7 (out of 100)
- Average daily traffic (as of 2003)
- October 11, 2016: New photos from John Marvig
- February 19, 2010: Updated by J.R. Manning: Updated Location
- March 29, 2008: New photo from J.R. Manning