CGW - Cemetery Trestle
Google Earth labels this old section of former CGW right-of-way as a part of the Sergeant Road Trail. However, this would be at the extreme end of the trail, and the bridge itself may not be officially included in it. Viewed in passing from Eldora Road, the bridge appears to be overgrown and does not look to have any railings.
- Timber stringer bridge over unnamed branch of Black Hawk Creek on Sergeant Road Trail (former CGW/CNW RR)
- Hudson, Black Hawk County, Iowa
- Abandoned by CNW RR 1988, converted to trail usage??
- - Chicago & North Western Railway (CNW)
- Chicago Great Western Railway (CGW)
- Timber Pile Trestle
- Also called
- Sergeant Road Trail - Cemetery Trestle
CGW - Black Hawk Branch Trestle
CNW - Black Hawk Branch Trestle
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +42.40162, -92.46612 (decimal degrees)
42°24'06" N, 92°27'58" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 15/543935/4694507 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Inventory number
- BH 67231 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- April 25, 2015: Updated by Dylan VanAntwerp: Added categories "Chicago Great Western Railway", "Chicago & North Western Railway", "Railroad"
- Dylan VanAntwerp - dylan_vanantwerp [at] live [dot] com