This little privately-owned pony truss bridge appears to be in active use for livestock to cross the creek. There is no information whether it was originally located here, or if it was moved here for its present purpose.
- Pratt pony truss bridge over Unnamed Creek on Private
- Benton County, Iowa
- Open to livestock; one end appears to have fallen but trusses are intact.
- Rivited Pratt pony truss
Span length: 50.0 ft.
Total length: 50.0 ft.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +41.89776, -92.20894 (decimal degrees)
41°53'52" N, 92°12'32" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 15/565618/4638727 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Keystone South
- Inventory number
- BH 56191 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- March 1, 2017: Updated by John Marvig: Bridge has Been Replaced
- August 15, 2013: New photos from John Marvig
- August 13, 2013: Updated by John Marvig: Added dimensions
- May 9, 2013: Updated by Roger Deschner: Change status from Abandoned, to Open to Livestock, based on Google Satellite View
- May 6, 2013: Updated by Tony Dillon: Removed "Collapsed" from description as it categorizes the bridge as Lost. The trusses are still fully intact.
- May 6, 2013: New Street View added by Luke Harden
- May 6, 2013: Added by Dave King
- Dave King - DKinghawkfan [at] hotmail [dot] com
- Tony Dillon - spansaver [at] hotmail [dot] com
- Roger Deschner - rogerdeschner [at] gmail [dot] com
- John Marvig - marvigj27 [at] gmail [dot] com