DME - Chariton River Bridge
DM&E Chariton River Bridge
Photo taken by John Marvig in October 2017
BH Photo #407293
Information comes from drawings located at the Milwaukee Road Archives at the Milwaukee Central Library.
- Pony/through plate girder bridge over Chariton River on Dakota, Minnesota & Eastern Railroad
- Appanoose County, Iowa
- Open to traffic
- Built 1901
- - Canadian Pacific Railway (CP)
- Chicago, Milwaukee, St. Paul & Pacific Railroad (MILW)
- Dakota, Minnesota, & Eastern Railroad (DME)
- I&M Rail Link (IMRL)
- Iowa, Chicago & Eastern Railroad (ICE)
- Soo Line Railroad (SOO)
- Pony plate girder
Length of largest span: 85.0 ft.
Total length: 115.0 ft.
- Also called
- MILW Bridge #I-498
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +40.80767, -92.87924 (decimal degrees)
40°48'28" N, 92°52'45" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 15/510185/4517414 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Inventory number
- BH 55343 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- May 3, 2022: Updated by John Marvig: Added build date
- October 20, 2017: New photos from John Marvig
- January 27, 2013: Updated by Dylan VanAntwerp: Added categories "I&M Rail Link", "Soo Line Railroad"
- January 27, 2013: Updated by Luke Harden: Added categories "Railroad", "Canadian Pacific Railway", "Iowa, Chicago & Eastern Railroad", "Dakota, Minnesota, & Eastern Railroad"