283rd Avenue Bridge
This bridge was replaced in 2001. The original NBI listing incorrectly listed the bridge as being in T. 70 N., R. 16 W., Sec. 30, which would have put it in the middle of Sundown Lake. When the bridge was replaced in 2001, the data were corrected.
With a tip o' the hat to the Appanoose County Engineer's Office for their help in locating this bridge.
- Lost pony truss bridge over South Soap Creek on 283rd Avenue
- Appanoose County, Iowa
- Lost, replaced by new bridge
- Built 1924; Replaced 2001
- Pony truss
Length of largest span: 69.9 ft.
Total length: 90.9 ft.
Deck width: 15.4 ft.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +40.84059, -92.75431 (decimal degrees)
40°50'26" N, 92°45'16" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 15/520712/4521089 (zone/easting/northing)
- Land survey
- T. 70 N., R. 17 W., Sec. 25
- USGS topographic map
- Inventory numbers
- IA 65960 (Iowa bridge number)
BH 12827 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- Inspection (as of 06/1999)
- Deck condition rating: Fair (5 out of 9)
Superstructure condition rating: Fair (5 out of 9)
Substructure condition rating: Satisfactory (6 out of 9)
Appraisal: Structurally deficient
Sufficiency rating: 24.9 (out of 100)
- Average daily traffic (as of 1998)
- April 14, 2010: Updated by J.R. Manning: Updated GPS, Town and Section data, bridge name and added facility names
- April 9, 2010: Updated by J.R. Manning: Updated bridge data