Cipra Branch Bridge
One of several warnings
Photo taken by Daniel Barnes in May 2017
BH Photo #392425
Deck has been removed. Road leading up to the truss is almost non-existent, so it might be privately owned now.
- Pony truss bridge over Cipra Branch on Vanilla Avenue
- Adams County, Iowa
- Built ca. 1910
- Pony truss
Length of largest span: 59.1 ft.
Total length: 61.0 ft.
Deck width: 15.7 ft.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +41.05563, -94.50906 (decimal degrees)
41°03'20" N, 94°30'33" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 15/373190/4546029 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Land survey
- T. 72 N., R. 32 W., Sec. 11
- Average daily traffic (as of 2008)
- Inventory numbers
- IA 59460 (Iowa bridge number)
BH 12775 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- Inspection report (as of March 2010)
- Sufficiency rating: 18.2 (out of 100)
View more at BridgeReports.com
- May 25, 2017: New photos from Daniel Barnes
- May 12, 2015: Updated by Kevin Skow: Updated status based on satellite imagery. This bridge is abandoned and likely privately owned..
- April 12, 2010: Updated by J.R. Manning: Corrected carried and crossed facilities
- J.R. Manning - thekitchenguy [at] sbcglobal [dot] net
- Kevin Skow - weatherbum [at] hotmail [dot] com
- Daniel Barnes