Wikimedia Commons, photo by Joel Bradshaw, 11-28-2009
Photo provided by Craig Philpott
BH Photo #158361
Opaekaa Bridge is also one of two known UK-made truss bridges in the US.
- Warren Pony truss bridge over Opaekaa Stream on Opaekaa Road
- Kauai County, Hawaii
- Open to traffic
- Future prospects
- Planned to be replaced
- Built 1919
- - Alex Findlay & Co. of Motherwell, North Lanarkshire, Scotland, United Kingdom
- Warren Pony truss with asphalt over wood deck.
Length of largest span: 33.1 ft.
Total length: 74.2 ft.
Deck width: 12.5 ft.
Posted to the National Register of Historic Places on March 28, 1983
- Also called
- Opaekaa Road Bridge
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +22.05881, -159.37828 (decimal degrees)
22°03'32" N, 159°22'42" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 4/460969/2439384 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- 301 ft. above sea level
- Average daily traffic (as of 1986)
- Inventory numbers
- NRHP 83000253 (National Register of Historic Places reference number)
BH 12712 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- Inspection report (as of September 2018)
- Overall condition: Fair
Superstructure condition rating: Fair (5 out of 9)
Substructure condition rating: Good (7 out of 9)
Deck condition rating: Satisfactory (6 out of 9)
Sufficiency rating: 21.4 (out of 100)
View more at BridgeReports.com
- January 24, 2020: Updated by Luke: Corrected build date and noted relocation
- September 20, 2014: Updated by Luke: Changed "British-Made" to "UK-made"
- April 1, 2014: Updated by Nathan Holth: Added builder.
- October 8, 2013: New Street View added by J.P.
- July 2, 2010: Updated by Craig Philpott: added photos and refined design
- March 19, 2010: Updated by Craig Philpott: updated design, submitted photo