Kilgore Mill Bridge
Interesting Government Statistic
Written by Eddie Douthitt
The NBI report lists the 1998 average daily traffic for this bridge to be 90 vehicles per day. That's a pretty amazing feat for a bridge that burned in 1993!!!
- Covered Town lattice truss bridge over Appalachee River on Briscoe Mill Rd. (Carl Davis Rd.)
- Walton County, Georgia, and Barrow County, Georgia
- Lost, burned by arsonists April 23, 1993
- Built 1874, burned by arsonists April 23, 1993
- - David J.Thompson
- Town Lattice Truss
Span length: 133.9 ft.
Total length: 133.9 ft.
Deck width: 10.2 ft.
Vertical clearance above deck: 7.5 ft.
Posted to the National Register of Historic Places on April 14, 1975
- Also called
- Bethlehem Bridge
Briscoe Mill Bridge
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +33.89963, -83.73940 (decimal degrees)
33°53'59" N, 83°44'22" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 17/246688/3754406 (zone/easting/northing)
- USGS topographic map
- Winder South
- Inventory numbers
- NRHP 75000572 (National Register of Historic Places reference number)
GA 29750020 (Georgia bridge number on the National Bridge Inventory)
BH 12623 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- Inspection (as of 09/1999)
- Appraisal: Structurally deficient
Sufficiency rating: 0.0 (out of 100)
- Average daily traffic (as of 1998)
- May 11, 2010: Updated by Eddie Douthitt: Builder
- May 10, 2010: New photo from Eddie Douthitt
- May 9, 2010: Essay added by Eddie Douthitt