Angled View of Bridge
Photo taken by James Adorno Fall 2006
BH Photo #113868
The bridge is a contributing resource to the National Register designation for the Chickamauga and Chattanooga National Military Park.
- Pony truss bridge formerly over West Chickamauga Creek on Alexander Bridge Road
- Walker County, Georgia
- Open to traffic
- Built 1907; stone abutments date to 1897; bridge rehabilitated 1971; closed to vehicular traffic 2009, relocated to park in Walker County
- Riveted Warren pony truss
Span length: 77.1 ft.
Total length: 77.1 ft.
Deck width: 14.8 ft.
Posted to the National Register of Historic Places on October 15, 1966
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +34.90677, -85.22964 (decimal degrees)
34°54'24" N, 85°13'47" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 16/661739/3864134 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- East Ridge
- Inventory numbers
- NRHP 66000274 (National Register of Historic Places reference number)
BH 12532 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- Inspection (as of 04/2014)
- Deck condition rating: Good (7 out of 9)
Superstructure condition rating: Very Good (8 out of 9)
Substructure condition rating: Good (7 out of 9)
Sufficiency rating: 75.9 (out of 100)
- Average daily traffic (as of 2012)
- January 14, 2017: New photos from Ben Tate
- February 3, 2016: Updated by Ben Tate: Relocated to Walker County
- July 26, 2015: New photos from Andy Peters
- December 25, 2011: New photos from Eddie Douthitt
- December 24, 2011: Updated by Eddie Douthitt: Reopened to traffic after replacement with new truss structure
- July 11, 2011: Updated by Nathan Holth: This bridge is to be replaced with truss span relocating.
- September 19, 2010: Updated by C Hanchey: Bridge is part of the Chickamauga and Chattanooga National Military Park NHRP designation
- February 15, 2010: Updated by Eddie Douthitt: Updated coordinates
- June 28, 2009: Updated by Eddie Douthitt
- April 29, 2008: New photos from James Adorno