Silver Comet Trail Bridge
Side elevation looking northwest. Photo taken January 11, 2005.
Photo taken by James Legg
BH Photo #156895
This is the last timber railroad overpass bridge in Paulding County.
- Timber stringer bridge over Silver Comet Trail on Willow Spring Road
- Paulding County, Georgia
- Open to traffic
- Built 1941
- Timber stringer
Length of largest span: 22.0 ft.
Total length: 131.9 ft.
Deck width: 11.5 ft.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +33.93395, -84.91062 (decimal degrees)
33°56'02" N, 84°54'38" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 16/693115/3756798 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Average daily traffic (as of 2012)
- Inventory numbers
- GA 22350120 (Georgia bridge number on the National Bridge Inventory)
BH 38448 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- Inspection report (as of May 2013)
- Overall condition: Poor
Superstructure condition rating: Poor (4 out of 9)
Substructure condition rating: Serious (3 out of 9)
Deck condition rating: Poor (4 out of 9)
Sufficiency rating: 16.1 (out of 100)
View more at BridgeReports.com
- March 10, 2010: Updated by Eddie Douthitt: Added Google Street View
- March 4, 2010: Updated by James Legg: Added photos, description and modified coordinates.
- December 31, 2008: Added by James F. Gentner
- James F. Gentner - jfgentner678 [at] aol [dot] com
- JT Legg - talmo346 [at] hotmail [dot] com
- Eddie Douthitt - dalton1861 [at] yahoo [dot] com