Alcovy Trestle Road Bridge
The Alcovy Road Bridge is composed of two steel bolt connected Warren pony trusses with verticals and one pin-connected Pratt through truss. The overall length of the bridge is 225 feet. The bridge is 12 feet in width and has a timber deck. This bridge is one of 73 Pratt trusses recorded in Georgia and one of 41 trusses identified as a Pratt through truss. It is one of four such bridges recorded in Newton County and the only bridge in Newton County composed of more than one truss.
-- Historic American Engineering Record
- Lost Through truss bridge over Alcovy River on Alcovy Trestle Road
- Newton County, Georgia
- Replaced by a new bridge
- One Pratt through truss span and Two Warren pony truss spans
Total length: 225.0 ft.
Deck width: 12.0 ft.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +33.63944, -83.77869 (decimal degrees)
33°38'22" N, 83°46'43" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 17/242275/3725643 (zone/easting/northing)
- Inventory number
- BH 64998 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- December 24, 2014: Added by Dave King
- Dave King - DKinghawkfan [at] hotmail [dot] com
- HAER GA-62 - Alcovy Road Bridge, Spanning Alcovy River, Covington, Newton County, GA