Murray County

Browns Bridge   [Map]
Lost Pratt through truss bridge over Conasauga River on Airport Road
Replaced by new bridge
Built 1890, replaced 1975
Carter's Quarter Bridge   [Map · Street View]
Concrete tee beam bridge over Coosawattee River on Old US 411
Open to traffic
Built 1928
CCC Camp Road Bridge   [Map · Street View]
Steel stringer bridge over Emery Creek on CCC Camp Road
Replaced by new bridge
Built 1934 by the Civilian Conservation Corps, destroyed and replaced 2010, old ruins of the CCC camp are just to the east
Chable Bridge   [Map]
Lost through truss bridge over Jacks River on Cisco Alaculsy Road
No longer exists
According to the Murray County Heritage book, it was moved from Conasauga, TN by the CCC (1930's) and reinstalled at this location. Torn down and replaced with new bridge 2002
Chicken Creek Bridge   [Map · Street View]
Concrete arch bridge over Chicken Creek on Old US 411
Open to traffic
Built 1911; rehabilitated 1935
County Line Road Bridge   [Map · Street View]
Steel stringer bridge over Polecat Creek on County Line Road
Open to traffic
Built 1934
CSX - Coosawattee River Bridge   [Map · Street View]
Warren truss bridge over Coosawatee River on CSX Railroad
Open to traffic
Built 1930
CSX - Loughridge Road Overpass   [Map · Street View]
Tunnel over CR 23 (Loughridge Road) on CSX Railroad
Open to traffic
Built 1940
CSX - US-76 Overpass   [Map · Street View]
Deck plate girder bridge over US 76/GA 282 on CSX Railroad
Open to traffic
Built 1935
Dennis Mill Bridge   [Map · Street View]
Steel stringer bridge over Rock Creek on Dennis Mill Road
Open to traffic
Built 1933
Gregory Mill Bridge   [Map]
Closed-spandrel arch bridge over Conasauga River on abandoned portion of Gregory Mill Rd.
Closed to the public but still used by Petty Farm for tractor access to fields
According to the Murray County Heritage book, it was built in 1912. It is on private property now, was decommissioned in 1984 when the newly built Carlton Petty Rd. replaced this section of Gregory Mill Rd.
Looper Bend Bridge   [Map]
Abandoned closed-spandrel arch bridge over Holly Creek on Looper Bend Rd (Abandoned)
Abandoned on private property
Built about 1920, road was closed to traffic in the 1970's
Looper Bridge   [Map]
Dual ribbed closed-spandrel arch bridge over Conasauga River
Closed to all traffic
Built about 1920, this section of Looper Bridge Road was closed in the early '80's, now used by local utility company to carry pipelines
Loughridge Road Bridge   [Map · Street View]
Steel stringer bridge over Mill Creek on Loughridge Road
Open to traffic
Built 1922
Mitchell Bridge   [Map]
Concrete arch bridge over Conasauga River on Old Mitchell Br. Road
Abandoned in 2001 when this road was decommissioned
Built ca. 1920
Old Federal Road Bridge   [Map · Street View]
Pony truss bridge over Mill Creek on Old Federal Road in Eton
Open
Built 1918
Old New Hope Bridge   [Map]
Abandoned steel stringer bridge over Conasauga River tributary on old alignment of New Hope Road
Abandoned
Unknown build date, abandoned sometime in the late 1940's or the 1950's
Rock Creek Bridge   [Map · Street View]
Concrete arch bridge over Rock Creek on US 76
Open to traffic
Built 1910; rehabilitated 1935
State Line Bridge   [Map · Street View]
Steel stringer bridge over Conasauga River overflow on Fas 74-Springplace Rd. / GA Highway 225
Replaced by a new bridge in 2013
Built 1937
Sugar Creek Bridge   [Map]
Concrete arch bridge with steel stringer attached over Sugar Creek on Little Murray Road
Open to traffic
Original arch bridge built 1926, had the one of the railings removed and steel stringer was built next to and attached to it in 1988-89
Sumac Creek Bridge   [Map · Street View]
Concrete arch bridge over Sumac Creek on US 411/GA 61
Open to traffic
Built 1925; rehabilitated 1957 with widening
Tibbs Bridge   [Map]
Lost Pratt through truss bridge over Conasauga River on Tibbs Bridge Road
Replaced by new bridge
Built 1918 to replace a wooden bridge that had been there since the 1880's, replaced 1980
Tilton Bridge   [Map]
Lost Pratt through truss bridge over Conasauga River on Tilton Bridge Road
Replaced by new bridge
Built 1886, replaced by a UCEB in 1984
West Holly Creek Road Bridge   [Map]
Pratt pony truss bridge over Holly Creek on an abandoned section of West Holly Creek Road
Abandoned on private property
Built around 1900, abandoned in the '50's or '60's