The bridge carries a bypassed section of an old two-lane concrete state highway over a stream in a rural setting with scattered dwellings. The bridge is on a short bypassed section of old SR 41, which was taken over as part of the original 1919 state highway system. The road is east of and parallel to a branch of the Central of Georgia RR which is carried over Jarrell Branch on a timber trestle. South of the bridge is a ca. 1910 vernacular frame home.
The 4 span reinforced concrete T beam bridge (4 @ 26') has concrete balustrades, paneled fascia , and 2-column concrete bents with spill thru abutments. The bridge was built in 1922 as part of first generation state highway improvements to SR 41. The bridge is an example of an early standard state highway department design for T beam bridges with 20' roadways. Because of its age, integrity, and association with early state highway improvements on a section of bypassed highway with integrity of setting, the bridge is historically distinguished among the fewer than 60 identified pre-1930 T beam bridges.