Darien River Bridge
Classified as HIGH historic significance by Historic Bridge Inventory.
- Girder bridge over Darien River on US-17/GA-25/GA-99
- Darien, McIntosh County, Georgia
- Open to traffic
- Built 1944
- Cantilevered (pin and hanger system) deck plate girder with concrete t-beam approach spans.
Length of largest span: 149.9 ft.
Total length: 1,451.8 ft.
Deck width: 43.0 ft.
Eligible for the National Register of Historic Places
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +31.36738, -81.43615 (decimal degrees)
31°22'03" N, 81°26'10" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 17/458522/3470399 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Inventory numbers
- GA 19100070 (Georgia bridge number on the National Bridge Inventory)
BH 54367 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- Inspection (as of 05/2014)
- Deck condition rating: Satisfactory (6 out of 9)
Superstructure condition rating: Fair (5 out of 9)
Substructure condition rating: Fair (5 out of 9)
Sufficiency rating: 82.3 (out of 100)
- Average daily traffic (as of 2012)
- March 28, 2016: Updated by Nathan Holth: Refined bridge type per historic bridge inventory.
- November 9, 2012: Added by Jared Mixson