Side angle view taken February 16, 2006.
Photo taken by James Legg
BH Photo #156836
This bridge was abandoned in 1987 when a new bridge was constructed further west on Newport Road. The closure of the bridge coincided with the paving of Dial and Newport Roads. One of the stringer spans is collapsing and the deck is significantly rotted away.
- Abandoned pony truss bridge over Toccoa River on Former route of Newport Road
- Fannin County, Georgia
- Replaced by modern bridge in 1987
- The bridge is listed as a rivet-connected Warren pony truss with verticals.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +34.75952, -84.21690 (decimal degrees)
34°45'34" N, 84°13'01" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 16/754738/3849903 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Inventory number
- BH 44302 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- March 4, 2010: New photos from James Legg
- March 3, 2010: Added by James Legg
- JT Legg - talmo346 [at] hotmail [dot] com
- HAER GA-58 - Fannin County Road 222 Bridge, Spanning Toccoa River, Dial, Fannin, GA