Silver Comet Trail Bridge
Looking southeast along Silver Comet Trail
Photo taken by JT Legg in January 2006
BH Photo #163402
This bridge was actually replaced by a new truss bridge on the same location that is also one lane like the original bridge.
- Lost timber stringer bridge over Silver Comet Trail on Concord Road
- Cobb County, Georgia
- Replaced by a modern pony truss bridge
- Built 1940; replaced 2009
- Timber stringer
Length of largest span: 21.0 ft.
Total length: 55.8 ft.
Deck width: 12.1 ft.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +33.85178, -84.55833 (decimal degrees)
33°51'06" N, 84°33'30" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 16/725899/3748404 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Inventory numbers
- GA 06750820 (Georgia bridge number on the National Bridge Inventory)
BH 41284 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- March 9, 2009: Added by James F. Gentner
- James F. Gentner - jfgentner678 [at] aol [dot] com
- JT Legg - talmo346 [at] hotmail [dot] com