Cemetery Street Bridge
Photo taken by Eddie Douthitt in December 2010
BH Photo #189728
Be careful...you might get run out
Written by Eddie Douthitt
On December 2nd, 2010 while I was there taking pictures of this bridge, a rather surly man came driving up in a black Toyota truck and told me that no one was allowed to take pictures in the cemetery. I explained that all I wanted was pics of the bridge but he said NO pictures were allowed period and that I needed to move on. I had already got enough pics to use and we left shortly afterwards. Several cars came through while I was there leading me to believe that it was a public street. I started to give him one of the legal rights of photographers flyers that was posted on here not long ago but Melissa said I would just be wasting my time. According to the cemetery website, photography is permitted with permission with the sexton, which admittedly I did not get as we didn't see anybody at the office when we drove in. First place I've ever had this happen at but have a feeling it won't be the last.
- Pratt through truss bridge over Oconee River on Cemetery Street
- Clarke County, Georgia
- Open to traffic
- Built 1899
- - George E. King Bridge Co. of Des Moines, Iowa
- Pratt through truss
Length of largest span: 89.9 ft.
Total length: 209.0 ft.
Deck width: 15.4 ft.
- Also called
- Oconee River Bridge
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +33.94885, -83.36818 (decimal degrees)
33°56'56" N, 83°22'05" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 17/281149/3759010 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Athens East
- Inventory numbers
- GA 05950250 (Georgia bridge number on the National Bridge Inventory)
BH 47030 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- Inspection (as of 12/1991)
- Deck condition rating: Satisfactory (6 out of 9)
Superstructure condition rating: Poor (4 out of 9)
Substructure condition rating: Good (7 out of 9)
Appraisal: Structurally deficient
Sufficiency rating: 16.3 (out of 100)
- Average daily traffic (as of 1990)
- April 13, 2016: New photos from Ben Tate
- October 7, 2013: New Street View added by J.P.
- December 3, 2010: Essay added by Eddie Douthitt
- November 17, 2010: Added by Eddie Douthitt