Salt Creek Bridge
Photo taken by Amber Rhea in November 2015
License: Creative Commons Attribution (CC BY)
BH Photo #350005
This bridge was part of the Atlantic Coastal Highway (US 17/SR 25). It has a distinctive rail with an arch pattern. Plans from the State Highway Department are dated 1937. It was abandoned c. 1980 when a new bridge was built and the highway alignment was shifted.
- Slab bridge over Salt Creek on Former US 17/SR 25/Atlantic Coastal Highway
- Savannah, Chatham County, Georgia
- Intact but closed to all traffic
- Built by the State Highway Department c. 1937
- - State Highway Department
Length of largest span: 8.0 ft.
- Also called
- Atlantic Coastal Highway Bridge
Little Ogeechee River Bridge
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +32.04143, -81.20403 (decimal degrees)
32°02'29" N, 81°12'15" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 17/480736/3545046 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Garden City
- Inventory number
- BH 71390 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- December 7, 2017: Updated by Amber Rhea: Added categories "Ocean Highway", "Coastal Highway"
- September 15, 2016: New Street View added by Dana and Kay Klein
- June 28, 2016: New photo from Amber Rhea
- March 18, 2016: New Street View added by J.P.
- March 16, 2016: Added by Amber Rhea