Original I-10 Escambia Bay Bridge
Original I-10 Escambia Bay Bridge under construction
Original I-10 Escambia Bay Bridge under construction in the 1960's.
Photo taken by unknown in 1960's
License: Creative Commons Attribution-Share-Alike (CC BY-SA)
BH Photo #353560
Built in 1968. Destroyed beyond repair in 2004 by Hurricane Ivan. Replaced in 2008 with newer bridge. One side of the twin bridges was able to repaired to a point to allow two way traffic while other bridge is destroyed and new bridge to replace it. Then once new bridge was ready, they made that two-way to destroy and replace the final old bridge.
- Lost Steel stringer bridge over Escambia Bay on I-10/SR 8
- Santa Rosa County, Florida, and Escambia County, Florida
- Destroyed by Hurricane Ivan 2004, replaced by a new bridge 2008
- Built 1968; Replaced 2008
- Steel stringer
Length of largest span: 170.0 ft.
Total length: 13,597.8 ft. (2.6 mi.)
Deck width: 29.9 ft.
- Also called
- Original Interstate 10 Escambia Bay Bridge
Original Escambia Bay Bridge
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +30.52007, -87.14204 (decimal degrees)
30°31'12" N, 87°08'31" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 16/486372/3376424 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Inventory numbers
- FDOT 580071 (Florida Dept. of Transportation bridge number)
FDOT 580058 (Florida Dept. of Transportation bridge number)
BH 64365 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- May 16, 2016: New photo from Dallam Oliver-Lee
- December 1, 2014: New video from Dallam Oliver-Lee