FEC - Port Mayaca Drawbridge
Photo taken by Matt Lohry
BH Photo #223420
Quite possibly the most fascinating lift bridge in Florida, this is a very rare pony plate girder railroad lift bridge. The stabilizer bracing at the top and the sides of the lift tower are trusses in and of themselves! Even though this bridge is very close to Hwy. 76, thick vegetation and steep canal sides make photographing this bridge next to impossible.
- Pony/through plate girder bridge over St. Lucie Canal on South Central Florida Express (formerly the South Central Florida Railroad)
- Martin County, Florida
- Open to traffic
- - Florida East Coast Railway (FEC)
- South Central Florida Express (SCXF)
- South Central Florida Railroad (SCFE)
- Pony plate girder
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +26.98736, -80.60430 (decimal degrees)
26°59'15" N, 80°36'15" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 17/539263/2985097 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Port Mayaca
- Inventory number
- BH 50967 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- August 9, 2014: New photos from Irma Hale
- August 1, 2014: New photo from Douglas Butler
- October 7, 2013: Updated by Luke Harden: Added categories "Navigable waterway", "Florida East Coast Railway"
- October 7, 2013: New Street View added by J.P.
- August 27, 2013: New photos from Douglas Butler
- March 7, 2012: Updated by Wes Worsham: Added category "Skewed"
- March 2, 2012: Updated by C Hanchey: Added categories "South Central Florida Express", "South Central Florida Railroad ", "St. Lucie Canal "
- January 15, 2012: Added by Matt Lohry
- Matt Lohry
- C Hanchey - cmh2315fl [at] yahoo [dot] com
- Douglas Butler
- J.P. - wildcatjon2000 [at] gmail [dot] com