Laurel Street Bridge
Appears in the Marvel Comics film "The Punisher"
- Bascule bridge over Hillsborough River on Laurel Street in Tampa
- Tampa, Hillsborough County, Florida
- Open to traffic
- Built 1927 by the U.G.I. Contracting Co.; rehabilitated 1969
- - Strauss Bascule Bridge Co. of Chicago, Illinois
- U.G.I. Contracting Co. of Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- Bascule Warren pony truss
Length of largest span: 99.4 ft.
Total length: 365.8 ft.
Deck width: 40.0 ft.
Vertical clearance above deck: 20.5 ft.
- Also called
- Fortune Street Bridge (original name)
Fortune Street Bridge (original name)
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +27.95455, -82.46484 (decimal degrees)
27°57'16" N, 82°27'53" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 17/355904/3093031 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Inventory numbers
- FDOT 105503 (Florida Dept. of Transportation bridge number)
BH 12382 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- Inspection (as of 03/2015)
- Deck condition rating: Satisfactory (6 out of 9)
Superstructure condition rating: Fair (5 out of 9)
Substructure condition rating: Fair (5 out of 9)
Sufficiency rating: 61.9 (out of 100)
- Average daily traffic (as of 2015)
- February 24, 2014: New photo from Jack Schmidt
- December 24, 2011: Updated by C Hanchey: Added bridge builder
- May 12, 2008: New photos from James Baughn
- May 10, 2008: Updated design
- James Baughn - webmaster [at] bridgehunter [dot] com
- C Hanchey - cmh2315fl [at] yahoo [dot] com
- Todd Wilson
- Douglas Butler
- Jack Schmidt - jjturtle [at] earthlink [dot] net